How to find us
- GoogleMaps map of the launch site. The coordinates (and the arrow) point to the gate leading to the site. Click on "Directions" then enter your starting point to get directions to the site.
- Satellite photo of the road from the gate to the rangehead.
- Photo of the gate that leads to the launch site.
- PDF map of the launch site.
If you are coming from the East (from Colorado Springs):
- Take Highway 24 west-bound from Colorado Springs.
- Turn left (south) onto County Road 23. This turnoff is located approximately 15.5 miles west of Lake George. The turnoff is very shortly after the sign (on the left side of the road) for the Chaparral Store.
- Go about 2.8 miles south on Highway 23 until you reach the "T" in the road
- Turn right onto County Road 59.
- Go approximately 5.5 miles west, past Chaparral store and the ranch house, until you reach the gate on your right (North side of the road).
If you are coming from the West (from Fairplay/Hartsel via Highway 285):
- After passing through Hartsel (don't blink!), immediately turn right/south onto Highway 9
- Immediately turn left/east onto County Road 59.
- Drive approximately 5.3 miles east. The gate will be on your left (North side of the road).
Important: Please do not approach the launch site from Elkhorn Road (CR 15) off of Highway 24. This is a private road and the gate will likely be locked. Instead, please take CR 59 from Hartsel to the West or CR 23 to CR 59 to the East.
Directions to Our Site